Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
I have ensured my article addresses the central topic of the intended journal issue.
Abstract and Biography
I have e-mailed the issue editor(s) a 100-word abstract of my article and a brief biography.
My article satisfies the 3000-word limit for submissions.
Each issue of M/C Journal consists of a feature article of about 4000 words, and a number of shorter pieces of 3000 words. The feature article will usually be an invited contribution from an academically established guest writer. However, if you feel your intended topic would qualify for the feature article, please do suggest this to the issue editor(s).
Writing and Bibliographic Style
I have read and followed the M/C Journal style guidelines. Specifically, I have:
- applied MLA style (6th edition) consistently
- removed any endnotes or footnotes
- followed M/C Journal punctuation guidelines
- followed M/C Journal spelling guidelines
- I have prepared a Word or RTF file for upload to the M/C Journal OJS site
- I have removed any identifying information from the text and properties of my file
- If my article contains graphics, I have prepared the full size images for upload to the site. Save all images in PNG format. I have indicated within my article where the graphics are to be placed.
All articles published in M/C Journal are published under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivatives 4.0 Licence. By submitting to M/C Journal, I permit my article to come under this licence.
Additionally, I also grant a non-exclusive licence for my work to be archived in and made available to users of the EBSCO Publishing Communication & Mass Media Complete database.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivatives 4.0 Licence that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).